The Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing (ORSR) is the lead agency for the Government’s policy on sport and active recreation. ORSR is responsible for State Government policy and legislation as it relates to the sector, its key programs, sport and recreation infrastructure and funding programs.
The ORSR supports sport and recreation organisations, Councils and the community through the development of policy, programs and resources, the provision of funding, recreation and sport planning, infrastructure development, elite sport pathways and programs, and the promotion of physical activity.
The South Australian Sports Institute (SASI) provides specialist high performance sport services and talent identification programs to support South Australian athletes and sports to achieve national and international success. SASI delivers leading edge scientific and technical support and supports the holistic development of athletes, coaches and staff. SASI supports six National Centre’s of Excellence where the focus is on maximising the podium potential of senior national athletes. SASI also delivers seven sport programs where the development of emerging athletes is the primary focus.
The Volunteer and Projects Coordinator is accountable to the High Performance Manager, Operations. The focus of this role is to coordinate SASI Volunteers and be SASI’s Child Protection Officer, Member Protection Information Officer and representative on the ORSR Work Health Safety Committee.
In addition the successful applicant will also be the project lead on multiple projects including the SASI Awards, the Individual Athlete Program application process, annual recruitment and coordination of University placement students and the Emerging Athlete Program.
Key Outcomes of the Role
- Provide effective coordination of SASI volunteers including maintaining records, onboarding new volunteers and ensuring volunteers complete compliance and training activities
- Provide confidential support and information to staff, athletes, volunteers and contractors when requested in the capacity of SASI’s Child Safety Officer and/or SASI’s Member Protection Officer
- Responsible for the coordination of SASI’s media and communication strategy including identifying and sourcing possible stories and content for SASI’s website and social media platforms
- Leading a high standard of customer service for internal and external clients including backing-up the Sport Operations Officer as required
- Project manage the annual SASI Awards including the Annual Booklet
- Interpret and apply policies and legislation effectively and accurately particularly in the area of Child Safety, Work Health Safety, Member Protection, Financial Services, HR services and Record Keeping